i get this horrible debilitating pain on my right i believe ovary on my first day of period for 3 yrs. what can it be had all test minus lap. pls help?

2 doctor answers
Dr. David Howard
40 years experience Gynecology
See details: If you indeed had all the tests performed and they are all negative, it is time to consider a diagnostic laparoscopy. This can help identify lesions involving the ovary that may not be detected on scans. An example would be endometriosis. Discuss this with your gynecologist.
Answered on Sep 5, 2014
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Specializes in Family Medicine
Interesting: ? what tests normal. If it was an ovarian cyst I would not expect it to be every month as the ovaries usually take turns in putting out the egg. Endometriosis/adhesion is a possibility and is often found on a lap. If I was going to try to avoid surgery I would try Iodine (helps with cysts) 12 -25 mg daily and try different approaches with natural progesterone to suppress estrogen for three mo.
Answered on Sep 5, 2014