U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 54-year-old female asked:

Conundrum a facet of ocpd is the failure of the sufferer to recognise there is something wrong, how then can i encourage my partner to seek help?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental and Behavioral 52 years experience
Talk with your feet.: All you can do is tell your partner that it is a significant problem for you, then decide if you want to seek individual counseling or terminate the relationship, or both.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 33-year-old member asked:
Do sufferers from obsessive-compulsive disorder have their symptoms fade away with old age?
2 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
A 44-year-old member asked:
Are people born with ocpd?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A member asked:
Can a person develop ocpd at mid life?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A member asked about a 27-year-old male:
Dear sir, i had a girl friend 4 months back, she is dealing with the problem of OCD or ocpd. Now she want to leave me, ?
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 24-year-old member asked:
What exactly does it mean if I was just diagnosed with ocpd/hpd?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 1, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.