U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked about a 27-year-old male:

Dear sir, i had a girl friend 4 months back, she is dealing with the problem of ocd or ocpd. now she want to leave me, ?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Singer
Pediatric Neurology 53 years experience
Help her: Help her get help for her ocd. When that is done and she is feeling better, have a talk with her about her feelings.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 30 years experience
Take Care of You: Wow. This is a hard one. I am not sure what you think we can offer here. But, here goes. You may need to let her go. She has a journey to complete and probably a lot of work with mental health. You can be patient, you can be forgiving, but, most of all you must be kind to her and to yourself. If you cannot let her go easily please get some therapy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 36-year-old member asked:
What is obsessive-compulsive disorder?
7 doctor answers18 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
What are signs of an obsessive compulsive disorder?
3 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 25-year-old male asked:
How can I fight OCD (Obsessivecompulsive disorder)?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
I need advice with obsessive compulsive disorder / ocd?
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 13, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.