is it too late to start a routine for baby at 7 weeks old? i'm consistent with feedings but fail at everything else. she starts daycare next week.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Nguyen Nguyen
49 years experience Pediatrics
"Fail?": I was moved to answer because you said you "fail at everything else". Your baby is only 7 weeks old, a brand new human being with his/her own personality that you have been trying to learn how to care of. I also understand your anxiety about leaving her in daycare. You may get some practical tips at www.healthychildren.org, and continue to learn and trust yourself. Be kind to yourself!
Answered on Aug 30, 2014
Dr. Lori Semel
34 years experience Pediatrics
7 weeks: Don't be too hard on yourself, it is not necessary to have much of a routine with a baby that young. Feedings should be consistent at every 3-4 hours when awake. The rest of it adaptable, relax and enjoy being a Mom. Most of it comes naturally :)
Answered on Aug 30, 2014
Dr. Andrea Rodgers
27 years experience Emergency Medicine
Fail?: I am not sure what you mean by "fail". it is almost impossible to put a baby that young on a set schedule. Roll with the changes, don't stress and enjoy the smiles. If the daycare you have chosen is rigid, rethink your choice.
Answered on Apr 1, 2015
1