which one is realible hiv symptoms(continious fever, lymphnodes, thrush,rash, dry mouth) vs 7 month antibody tests???

2 doctor answers
Dr. Guillermo Martinez-torres
32 years experience Pathology
HIV test: The only reliable way to know if you have HIV is to be tested. Current (4th generation) tests will test not only for the antibody, but also for the viral antigen. The other symptoms you noted may be seen in HIV; however, they may be seen in other unrelated conditions as well. If you want to know, get tested.
Answered on May 26, 2015
1
43 years experience Pathology
Bloodwork: If you're obsessed with the idea, get a nucleic acid based test though it's unlikely to be positive. And keep looking with your physician for some other cause of what is now a fever of unknown origin. I'm going to assume this is a real fever and that you're clearly sick. Hodgkin's, brucellosis, subclinical TB, CMV, even prolonged infectious mono or others can do this.
Answered on Aug 25, 2014
1
1
43 years experience Pathology
Provided original answer
From the additional information you have given me, you should be thankful for good health and move on with your life.
Aug 25, 2014