I have braces on lower teeth and they hurt when i drink cold drinks and tighten also have a bone coming out of my gums?

6 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Lois Copeland answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

If your braces are made of a metal, metal conducts cold, and therefore it is a normal reaction for you to feel the cold in your gums relative to to the braces. It might be possible for you to convert to braces made of plastic which will not conduct the cold: your dentist would be able to give you details regarding that possibility. Bone in your gums may be a root of a tooth. An exam would help

Answered May 19, 2016

3.8k views