how do i as a patient get a prescription transferred from one pharmacy to another? just as an example, walgreens to walmart or vice versa.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Pharmacy: I have no problem getting a prescription transferred from one pharmacy to another within certain company. For example Walgreens to Walgreens. if you are in a place that does not have a Walgreens and only has a WalMart they might . Otherwise I would call your provider and see if they can call in the script to the pharmacy you need.
Answered on Jan 20, 2018
Dr. James Budd
Call the prescriber!: Only the prescribing provider can make that change. They need to call the new pharmacy with the prescription.
Answered on Jan 20, 2018