Columbia, SC

long toe causing pressure.2nd toe is moving on top of big toe. ortho pa said to ignore unless hammertoe or can't wear shoe. good advice? thx

Dr. Phillip Goebel
Emergency Medicine 16 years experience
Podiatrist: Try a podiatrist. It sounds like your toe is bothering you enough to get a second opinion.
Dr. Darrell Latva
Podiatry 42 years experience
ALREADY HAMMERED?: If it's moving on top of the big toe, it sounds like you already have a hammer toe deformity. As an adult, splinting or taping will not realign it. If a corn develops, a podiatrist can trim it. A wider toe box in your shoe may help. It will PROBABLY continue to progress. Surgery is an option if above doesn't work for you.