Schenectady, NY

do muscle twitches start before weakness in als ?muscle twitches for past 12 days.arm feels weird and that's arm w twitches but twitches other places

Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology 19 years experience
Twitches: Muscle twitches are often present in ALS, but there are many causes of muscle twitching that are not ALS. For many people, such a symptom is entirely benign. It appears the internet information out there generally indicates ALS for muscle twitching- that is not what most of us would say in clinic. Here is another resource: http://www.neurocuro.com/muscle-twitching-and-fasciculation/