Las Vegas, NV

i have gastroparesis due to nerve damage. i may not be able to eat for 2-3 days since my stomach is full. is there any way to induce stomach-emptying?

Dr. Marsha Davis
Yes: There are meds and there is a pacemaker for the stomach too. See a gastroenterologist who is interested in motility for help.
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Medications: Have you tried any medication such as metoclopromide? That would be the first thing to try. If that doesn't work I would find a GI doctor who is a "motility" specialist - usually at a university hospital.
Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Yes: There are medications that your doctor can prescribe for this condition.Water intake is also good

Last updated Aug 13, 2015