A male asked:

My knee locks up as i'm walking and hurts constantly. i've been to a sports med doc who thinks it is my meniscus however mri was negative help

Dr. Moshe Lewis
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 27 years experience
How young R you now?: physical therapy with strengthening of the quads and esp stretching of hamstrings is a great way to Rx this which can be related to chondromalacia. However you may also have patellar tendonitis , PMF or patellofemoral syndrome. So It is best to see a PMR doctor at this point for diagnosis. Consider hyaluronic injections can help if there is stiffness. and weight bearing X-rays/ will be approriate.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 9, 2014