Dobbs Ferry, NY

small hydrocele on testicle. dr doesn't reccmd surgery. slight discomort. cold bath help? ice? what can i do to improve this w/o surgery?

Dr. M. Hytham Beck
General Surgery 43 years experience
Doctor right: your doctor is right small hydrocele do not need surgery specially if there is no severe discomfort first you need to watch if the hydrocele does change in sizes off and on or not if it does then you have a hernia with the hydrocele and might need to be taking care off there is nothing you can do to make it go away the best thing you do keep eye on the size and if you start having discomfort
Dr. Robert Nelson
A hydrocele is a: fluid filled sac of tissue that arises gradually from a remnant of abdominal tissue that persists around the testicle during intrauterine development. There are not any external treatments that will take it away or shrink it. If it gets large enough to bother you or cause discomfort or affect they way cloths fit, then surgery is the only treatment. Otherwise, it will not harm your health.