Fort Smith, Arkansas

I can't tell if i am having a heart flutter or not. i just get this weird feeling in the top of my chest sometimes. no pain or fast heart beat. help?

Dr. Ew Christensen
Palpitations: What you are feeling sounds like it could be heart palpitations. If you are not having any symptoms with them then it is most likely not serious. I would recommend that you get in to get evaluated for any abnormality in things like thyroid, or minerals (potassium and magnesium). A heart monitor could also be placed to try and determine exactly what is going on. If you have symptoms, get it!
Dr. Stanley Berger
Cardiology 34 years experience
Tell your story: The story here is important. Angina is classically discomfort worse with exertion and relieved with rest. If you have this "weird" feeling and you run down the street and it gets better, that is not a heart attack! If it occurs with meals, when you assume a certain position, when you see a certain person, it could have more or less significance (esp. if you're in love:]!!). Get a check-up soon

Last updated Aug 11, 2014