MO

Was told i need surgery to reduce my eye pressure for glaucoma. acupuncture improved my vision and dropped the eye pressure. is this the correct path?

Pathology 45 years experience
Adjunct only: Continue having your vision and pressure monitored by a mainstream ophthalmologist. Glaucoma can have exacerbations and remissions as it's often due to a tiny mechanical obstruction that can vary from week to week, just like a similar problem on a machine.
Dr. Howard Shapiro
Specializes in Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
Need monitoring: You need to have your intraocular pressure monitored by your ophthalmologist. If acupuncture keeps the pressure normal, that's fine. But you will need the pressure monitored over that long run to make sure it stays normal.

Last updated Jan 28, 2015