I have chronic cough diagnosed as allergic asthma. I was on fluticasone & ventolin but not much difference. Doc prescribed Symbicort (budesonide and formoterol). Is this okay?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
32 years experience in Family Medicine
Yes: Symbicort (budesonide and formoterol) is an excellent medicine for asthma. It needs to be used everyday as your doctor prescribed. It is what is known as a maintaince medication. You still should have ventolin to use as a rescue medication when you have wheezing or shortness of breath. Please followup with your doctor after you have been on Symbicort (budesonide and formoterol) for 3-4 weeks.
Answered on Aug 19, 2019
1