I'm 6 weeks pregnant I have asthma. My dr said to stop my symbicort (budesonide and formoterol) n ventolin..But i've read my asthma needs to be controlled. Is my dr wrong?

Dr. Lily Hwang
17 years experience in Pediatric Allergy and Asthma
Control your asthma: See an asthma specialist to help you manage your asthma. 1/3 of pregnant patients will have worsening asthma, 1/3 would have improvement of their asthma, and 1/3 will have their asthma stay the same. You want to use the least amount of medications to keep your asthma under control. Your asthma specialist may be able to help decrease your medications safely and monitor you closely during pregnancy.
Answered on May 6, 2014
1