Peabody, MA

how long would someone with anterior ankle impingement wear a boot or cast if an orthopedic prescribed one?

Dr. Steven Warren
Ask your provider: you need to be examined in order to determine whether you need it or not
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry 14 years experience
As prescribed: You should wear the device for the length of time prescribed.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Weeks.: From your query, it appears that your surgeon has opted to try a non-surgical treatment plan to deal with the impingement. The cast or boot is to either stop (cast) or reduce (boot) the irritation that is causing the pain. Expect this treatment to last several weeks, all the long, appraising the results. It is possible that other additive treatments may also be started at the same time.