Australia

Usually when i am cold or even when i feel warm, my skin (on my legs, stomach, arms, hands) appear as though i have pink/veins. what could it be?

Dr. Maureen Ziboh
Vascular response: The sensation of being hot or cols is effected through the blood vessels of the skin. When you are hot the vessels open up or dilates to let the heat out therefore giving you sweating or hot sensation. When you are cold it tries to keep the warmth in the body and constricts .
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Livedo reticularis?: Sometimes young women develop this form of vasospasm that creates a mottled appearance on the skin, especially in cold weather. Usually it isn't related to an underlying problem, but vascular reactivity has been shown to be more common in migraine sufferers. There is also a higher risk of preeclampsia in this group. Sometimes this is a symptom of more serious problem. Talk with a Dr. at next visit
Last updated Jul 31, 2014