U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Raleigh, NC
A 34-year-old female asked:

Only psychiatrists respond please.i'm mentally ill.suffer from delayed emotional reaction and response.what causes this? and how can i overcome it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Linda Callaghan
Addiction Medicine 54 years experience
Depends.: I am not sure whether you are suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder which is a delayed reaction to a life and death type of event. If this is so, you need help through psychotherapy or medication or a combination.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 30, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.