India

i have been diagnosed glandular hyperplasia with focal atypia and my doc suggests for hysterectomy immediately what you say?

Dr. Janis Fee
Maybe not always: uterine lining hyperplasia with atypia has a small chance of turning into uterus lining cancer, or actually hiding a small cancer already. So, yes, a hysterectomy is one option, but for some people that want to avoid hysterectomy, it is also ok to just get a D and C with hysteroscopy ( look inside). that way all the lining gets removed and tested. You will need to followup if that comes back ok.