U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Ireland
A 27-year-old male asked:

hi. i did ecg and results : st and t wave abnormality, consider inferolateral ischemia, doctor said everything is ok... 27 years old, 60 kg.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Schwartz
Vascular Surgery 33 years experience
Depends: In many cases the EKG machine gives an automated reading. It's not as effective as having a good pair of eyes reading the EKG. I'd go with your docs's advice.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 21-year-old member asked:

Why did my doctor put me on Prozac (fluoxetine) if im not depressed?

2 doctor answers11 doctors weighed in
Dr. Brian Fishman
Dr. Brian Fishmananswered
Emergency Medicine 9 years experience
Other Reasons: Although most people associate Prozac or fluoxetine with depression, it has a number of indicated uses. Among the fda-labeled indications are bulimia, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Non-fda labeled indications include fibromyalgia, raynaud's phenomenon, postraumatic stress disorder, and even hot flashes.
A 21-year-old member asked:

Did my smoking contribute to the my child dying of sids?

3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Scott Katz
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Uncertain: By definition, sids deaths are unexplained, meaning no other diagnosis or cause was found. Several factors are known to increase the risk of sids, such as tummy sleeping, co-sleeping and smoking.
A 24-year-old member asked:

Resting ECG shows narrow and fairly deep inferior Q waves but stress test is normal. What does this mean?

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Samuel Hahn
Cardiology 28 years experience
Not much: Q waves may indicate previous scarring from infarction or other process or may be completely normal or from a conduction abnormality (hemiblock or accessory pathway). Was the stress test with imaging? If the imaging was normal and the ECG is otherwise normal, the Q waves are probably meaningless.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
Philippines
A 26-year-old female asked:

What will be the effect if you did not complete the vaccination of your baby?

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 46 years experience
They are at risk: The cases of whooping cough have increased from 2, 500/yr in the 90's to about 40, 000/yr since the misinformation about vaccines began circulating.More than 30 preventable pertussis deaths have occurred in 2013 as well as many from measles & other vaccine preventable causes.As long as there is air travel, any germ from the world can be in your mall today & be spread to your kid within hours.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Dec 21, 2017

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.