Port Neches, TX

Is non alcohol listerine just as good for your teeth and gums as listerine with alcohol bec i hear alcohol listerine causes oral cancer?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Mouthwash: Mouthwash is an adjunct product in maintaining your overall oral health, and it is still debated if their use is absolutely necessary. Proper brushing and flossing is more essential. I do not like to endorse products, so I'll advise you the same way I do my patients: use the product that you feel most comfortable with.. it's hard to say what's better or just as good.
Dr. Diane Minich
Non-alcohol: mouthwash is just as effective as mouthwash with alcohol. you also need to brush and floss. I have never heard of mouthwash causing cancer.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
In my opinion: Mouth rinses are not an essential part of good oral hygiene. Proper tooth brushing and flossing is. To my knowledge no study has shown amount of alcohol in Listerine causes cancer. Always a good idea to err on the side of caution. Most major brands of rinses similarly effective.