Have inflammed inner ear nerve. how long for prednisone to start relieving symptoms (tinnitus, hearing loss)? on 100mg, 90 mg then 4 more days tampering by 20mg. today took dose 2, feel the same.

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Vestibular nerve: It may take a few weeks to start feeling better from a hearing loss and ringing in the ear. Your doctor should check the hearing sometime in the middle of the steroid dose to ensure you are improving. Doc can also try steroid injection into the ear drum if there is no improvement with the oral steroids. If you had a sudden loss you can read the article under my name et al. From our academy.

Answered 11/27/2017

3.9k views

Dr. Leila Hashemi answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Vestibular Neuritis: I assume a full work up has been done including MRI of brain and inner ear to rule out other cause of Tinnitus and hearing loss, if that's the case it depends how soon the treatment has been started, if it has been started early in course all symptoms should be resolved soon, if not mild hearing loss could persists.

Answered 1/10/2016

3.9k views