Barrington, IL

i have hearing loss in my left ear.i am on prednisone since monday. i had a cold a month ago and took amoxicillin but my hearing has been decreased. i am also taking flonase & zyrtec. how long till the predisone works is there anything else i can do?

Dr. Alvin Wells
Rheumatology 42 years experience
Hearing loss: If your hearing has not improved after the medication, I would suggest that a work up for inflammatory hearing loss be pursued. The prednisone should work almost immediately. If your symptoms persist, I recommend seeing a rheumatologist. I would be happy to do a consult if you desire.