One of my molars is really bothering me after a dental cleaning. i've had a severe abscess a year ago, not on that tooth tho. could this be infected?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Pamela Asseff answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Yes: The infection can be from the pulp of the tooth dying or from gum disease. See your dentist to identify and treat the cause of your pain.

Answered 4/24/2016

3.9k views

Dr. I. Jay Freedman answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Possibly!: You mention pain in a molar, but not swelling...usually another sign of abscess. Your best option is to see your dentist and have your pain isolated and diagnosed! Than follow though with treatment recommendations. Good luck!

Answered 7/16/2014

3.9k views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Could be: Could be a tooth problem, or a gum problem. The only way to find out is to ask your Dentist to take a look. Take advantage of all his/her years of training and experience before you have an acute unmanageable problem.

Answered 7/16/2014

3.9k views