New York, NY

me and girlfriend having exact symptoms almost at the exact same time. weight loss. pimple skin. breast pain. lips chapped. scars heal very slow. hiv?

Dr. Howard Feinberg
Rheumatology 37 years experience
Get tested: If you think you may have been exposed to HIV don't guess. Get tested. It is important to deal with this before it becomes advanced. There are many causes of the symptoms you described. If you both developed the same symptoms at the same time then the likely answer is an infection or chemical/toxin exposure. Your doctor can help you sort this out. Good luck to you both.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Not HIV: First, HIV infection does not develop out of nowhere. Second most people do not get any symptoms of infection until years after their exposure. Third, none of your symptoms represent any kind of Early HIV syndrome or symptoms. Fourth, they do represent other possible infections and warrant testing and examination at your doctor's office.