Blood results came back as crp 44 and white blood count 14. dr said last year my crp was 22 and white blood count 13.5. i feel fine though.

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Amar Dalsania answered

Specializes in

What context: CRP is an inflammatory biomarker not specific for any type of infection. WBC count is slightly elevated which could be from infection or something else. It depends on what context these labs were drawn. Unless these labs were drawn with a specific diagnosis in mind or suspicion for an infectious or inflammatory process, I wouldnt be too worried about abnormal values in the absence of any symptoms.

Answered 6/12/2016

3.9k views

Dr. Marsha Davis answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

If you feel fine: Why are they monitoring these tests? They are somewhat nonspecific and without further information and you feeling fine I would talk to the doc that ordered the tests .

Answered 2/4/2020

3.9k views