i dislocated my ankle & have a fractured ankle, i am in a cast. i have burning on the top of my left foot. why is that and is there something i can do?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Liesa Harte
Burning pain: I recommend you ask the doctor who is now following you for the fracture. You should have a contact number to use if you have any questions or problems.
Answered on Jul 1, 2014
1
Dr. Edward Hellman
29 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Be evaluated: Certainly would want to be evaluated as there are multiple possibilities. It may be just related to your initial injury, but it could be a sign that the cast needs to be changed or even a sign that your ankle joint has started to move out of an acceptable position. Make sure your doctor is aware.
Answered on Jan 5, 2019