I had full top extraction 4 wks ago and was fitted with a temp denture. swelling is going down, and it is poor fitting. what can i do? glue dont help.

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Jeffrey Briney answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Poor Fit: When a temporary denture is made, it is made by a lab that is "guessing" how you will heal following the extractions. I recommend that you have the DDS reline your denture with a material that will provide a fit according to your healing. I usually provide this a week or two following the extractions.

Answered 12/29/2014

4k views

Dr. Irving Lebovics answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

Reline: It is normal for the ridges to shrink as they heal. You have to get the denture relined or at least treated with a tissue conditioner as healing occurs.

Answered 6/18/2014

4k views

Dr. Andres Carbunaru answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Prosthodontics

Go to a dentist: We can reline the denture at least with a soft reline material while you are healing

Answered 10/14/2018

263 views