U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Bourbonnais, IL
A 18-year-old female asked:

My 2 yr old brother was on my lap watching tv when he threw his head back and hit me on my cheek. now my cheek bone is achy. should i be concerned?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 60 years experience
Pain: Apply ice paks to your cheek and take ibuprofen. If no improvement see your doctor for xrays of your cheek bones to rule out a fracture
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 13, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.