U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 60-year-old male asked:

Can i mix suboxone and vicoprofen (hydrocodone and ibuprofen) for a severe toothache?

4 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Not recommended: Mixing two narcotic analgesics can have a disasterous consequence. To solve your problem you will need to see a local dentist for treatment. Analgesics do not repair decayed teeth or treat infections.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Life: Infected tooth, like any infection, can be life threatening. Mixing 2 potent narcotics can be life threatening. Dental treatment is the only way to cure your pain permanently...see your Dentist.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Bad idea: Opiate withdrawal symptoms almost guaranteed if you take vicoprofen (hydrocodone and ibuprofen) and Suboxone is in your system. Also a combination of both increase sedation and drowsiness. Talk to your prescribing physician for your individual situation.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial 46 years experience
NO: No. If your pain is that bad, see a dentist TODAY for permanent relief.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 41-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 44-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 39-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Nov 27, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.