doctors have all been rude anymore and will not prescribe me vicoprofen (hydrocodone and ibuprofen) i've taken many years for my lupus and fibromyalgia in tx, what can i do?

Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 36 years experience
Hydrocodone: is not recommended for non cancer pain with perhaps the exception of some cases of neuropathy. The American Academy of Neurology just issued a statement to that effect. More people have died from narcotic overdose from prescriptions in the past 10 years than died in the Vietnam War. Fibromyalgia has never been an indication for narcotic use. If you have neuropathy from SLE you may qualify for Tx