Could needing glasses cause lightheadedness 24/7 with swaying for 6 years my eye dr tells me no but people tell me different?

6 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Wayne Anderson answered

Specializes in Neurology

Not likely: Lightheadedness is not likely from a need for glasses. That should be checked out by your neurologist. Even if the problem has been there 6 years, something is causing it and checking for various problems aside from needing glasses is important.

Answered 7/1/2014

4k views

No: Agree with the other doctor. I'm a neurologist. When people get new glasses they may feel out of balance for a short time until getting used to them. It resolves. Also, "24/7" is unlikely since part of that you are sleeping. Recognize you mean "constant", but probably isn't if you pay close attention. Seeing a neurologist could be useful, look for ataxia. But, anxiety is more probable cause

Answered 7/1/2014

4k views

No: Believe what you have been told. The answer is no. Talk to your family doctor and suggest consultation with neurologist

Answered 6/21/2014

4k views