my upper wisdom and supernumerary teeth were extracted in a complicated. i now have 3 canker sores. is this the surgeons fault or unavoidable?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Virus: This is common after the physical trauma from the extractions. It's no one's fault and it doesn't happen to everyone either. It's a virus that is dormant in your body and the stress of the procedure ignites it. Ask for advice from the dentist/surgeon or pharmacist for topical or pill form relief. I hope you feel better soon.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Canker sore : Canker sores are the most common oral lesions. Individual ulcers typically last 1-2 weeks. The condition is idiopathic (cause is not known) recurrent aphthous ulcers is usually self-limiting. If concerned see your dentist or your surgeon for laser treatment, immediate solution.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Unavoidable: Unavoidable. However, canker sore heal rapidly without any permanent sequelae.

Last updated Oct 24, 2017