U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old member asked:

Having lower back pain on right side/hip. also have pain in right side rib cage. feels like i got punched or a bad bruise. what should i do?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Paul Kovatis
Orthopedic Surgery 33 years experience
Must rule out kidney: Have your primary md be sure you do have have a kidney problem. Otherwise heat, rest, no lifting or rotation and make sure you recheck in with primary md.
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
A Verified Doctoranswered
33 years experience
See a Doc: If the pain is not going away or getting worse you should see your doctor for an evaluation which would include a physical examination. Most of the time these things tend to go away on their own but if they don't it could signify a more serious problem and should be checked out by your doctor.
Last updated Jan 25, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.