What to do if I got stung by a bee or yellow jacket I'm not sure if I got it yesterday and it's swelled up. it's on my ring finger btw. any help?

24 years experience in Psychiatry
Yellow Jacket / bee: Yellow jackets can sting AND bite. Marked pain & significant itching may be experienced for 1 to 2 hours. Lesser pain / tenderness can take several days to resolve. Swelling may continue to ^ after 24 hours. Swelling usually resolves within a week with redness lasting around 3 days. Can try Tylenol, (acetaminophen) aspirin or Motrin for pain or Benadryl for swelling. Make paste of 2 parts baking soda & 1 part
Answered on Jul 4, 2014
1
24 years experience in Psychiatry
Provided original answer
water & apply. Need tetanus shot every 10 years.
Jun 29, 2014