A member asked:

My father got stung by a bee?/yellowjacket? four days ago on his finger and his finger and arm are still numb and tingly. he is not allergic. why?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Local reaction: Hi! these symptoms can be a sign of LOCAL reaction, quite common even WITHOUT a history of GENERALIZED allergic reactions to bee stings. Any redness/swelling? No chest discomfort, right? Also to consider infection any time something punctures through the skin. I would try some diphenhydramine today, and if not improving with this, then have a doctor examine it in person or on HealthTap.

Answered 6/24/2017

1k views

Thank

Related Questions