West Des Moines, IA

I have two separate rashes on my left calf. it doesn't itch. it does feel warm to the touch. but no pain. do i need to see a doctor?

Dr. Lawrence Parish
60 years experience
Dermatitis: They are probably the same. without seeing it, it is not possible to know what it is. See your dermatologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 59 years experience
Yes if persistent: It is not easy to tell what caused the rash especially without an exam. Although it is unlikely to help, there is no harm in trying some topical cortisone cream on the rash for a week or so. If the rash fails to improve, then see you doctor. I was away for a long vacation and thus did not get a chance to answer your question.
Last updated Jun 22, 2014