Is taking melatonin to help sleep when i have a concussion a bad idea? i've had a concussion for little over 24 hours now, my head hurts due to the fall i experienced and the lump on my head along with the concussion. i haven't been able to sleep well tho

Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funarianswered
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 47 years experience
You : You should refer this question to the physician who is treating you for your concussion. If you have made a self diagnosis of a concussion, you need to be evaluated by a specialist to make a precise diagnosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Daniel Weiss
Endocrinology 48 years experience
Get : Get checked out in the emergency room right away. I would not recommend anything to help you sleep including melatonin.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016