Thompsontown, PA

Can inner ear fungal infections be harmful to your body? my inner ears have been itchy for a long time now and i don't know what's causing it

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 60 years experience
External ear: I am sure you mean a possible fungal infection of the EXTERNAL EAR CANAL, not the inner ear. You need a culture of the drainage of the ear canal skin to document the presence of fungus. The most common cause of dry ears causing itchiness is the over use of Q-tips to clean your ears of wax. Wax in the ear canal is important and healthy and will migrate out on its own.

Last updated Sep 25, 2018