U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 48-year-old male asked:

When a person is in remission in multiple myolema .what tests are recommended to see the progression of disease or otherwise and at which periodicity?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Norma Jo Waxman
Family Medicine 34 years experience
Ask your oncologist: When you have multiple myeloma you should be followed by an oncologist who can monitor your calcium and other blood tests and imaging. How frequently this happens and what test they do depends on what your multiple myeloma burden is now

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 37-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 24-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Jan 2, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.