U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

What to do, i have chronic kidney stones and hydronephrosis?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Need good urologist: May need a second independent urologic opinion if Ur problem is out of control. Have you had a metabolic work-up to diagnose cause of chronic stones. U may require surgery to correct hydronephrosis & facilitate urinary drainage to prevent urinary stagnation which predispose to stones. U may have infectious kidney stones or have never been completely cleared all of which predisposes to more stones.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 21, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.