what to do if i have not worn shorts in such a long time, my legs are super white and you can see my veins. will tanning help solve that problem?

Dr. Sonja Stiller-martin
26 years experience Emergency Medicine
See below: The question is what is the problem? Is the issue how the veins look? Or are they abnormal veins or just normal veins that you see because of your skin tone? Tanning 'covers' things up by darkening the color of your skin-but at the expense of increased risk of skin cancer (often high anyway with fair skin) and faster 'aging' of skin. So it's potentially a short term fix with long term consequence.
Answered on Jul 1, 2014