Corona, CA

Hi,i twisted my ankle two months ago and it's still very swollen doc said its a bad sprain.now it is bruising and hot,is it possible i may need surger?

Dr. Ifeoma Nnaji
Imaging study: It will be a good idea to get another image of the ankle. Its possible that a fracture may have be present that was not picked up initially causing the persistent symptoms for that long. I'll recommend another visit to your doctor or an urgent care. Feel better.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. James Brockenbrough
Thoracic Surgery 51 years experience
Probably not: Bad sprains often take a while to heal. The soft tissue injury sometimes take longer to heal than if you broke a bone. Just do what you doctor says.
Last updated May 14, 2014