A member asked:

What else can i do with my tmj? i have a splint and had physical therapy, but is there anything i can do that can take away the pain fully?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Yes : Splint and physical therapy are part of the treatment not all the treatment . You should have a full and detailed examination for full assessment if the situation . Apparently you are having an acute closed lock . A well trained dentist in that field could unlock it for you . Have they ever tried to inject the TMJ with %1 Carbocaine . No Epinephrine . And manually unlock it for you .

Answered 7/26/2015


Dr. Louis Gallia answered

Specializes in Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

TMJ expert: Quality of TMJ care related to expertise of TMJ doc. See an expert. If you are seeing an expert, get another openion. Occasionally surgery is needed.

Answered 7/26/2015


Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

OFP specialist ASAP: The Orofacial Pain specialists provide diagnosis and treatment of pain in the head, face and TMJ. They are the experts in TMJ and chronic pain field. If left untreated, TMJ disorders can lead to serious health issues.

Answered 7/26/2015



Related Questions