Fuchs disease and cornea transplant, can you tell me about this?

Dr. Niraj Patel
Ophthalmology 29 years experience
Fuchs: Fuchs is a disease of the inner layer of the cornea. In some pts, this layer fails over time and the cornea can become swollen. When the cornea is swollen, the patient can experience vision loss. Additionally, some patient's with Fuchs' get a plaque or membrane in their central corneal causing vision decline. In these instances, surgery such as DSEK (partial corneal transplantation) is helpful
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.