just worried... if an mri of the knee comes back with a positive sign of a tear what should i be looking for/asking my dr. when i see him next?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
Depends... : It all depends on exactly what part of the knee suffered the tear( ligament, meniscus) and to what extent. If it is not severe it is usually treated with physical therapy and anti inflammatory meds.If it severe an orthopedic surgeon can tell you if surgery is required or not.
Answered on Apr 21, 2014
Dr. Joel See
Dr. Joel See answered
18 years experience Pain Management
Don't worry abou it: An MRI is just a picture, and needs to be evaluated in the proper context. If the MRI was not ordered by an orthopedic surgeon, it can often lead to excessive worry. I recommend talking it over with an orthopedist.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
1