United Kingdom

fludrocortisone .1mg per day, will my body still produce aldosterone? also on potassium 36meq will my body still stop it going too high?

Dr. Peter Will
Specializes in Cardiology
Syncope: The Fludrocortisone helps to retain sodium to maintain blood pressure in people with fainting. It should not be used long-term but in a shorter time will not badly affect you.
Dr. Keshab Paudel
Depends: Our body will try to adjust to new environment and supplements. You had low level of aldesteron and needed replacement and body is not producing enough but this does not mean you don't produce at all. New adjustment try to make equilibrium but daily food habits and exercise may affect level of potassium and needs regular follow ups.