can i take clindahexal to treat sinus related infection - symptoms: mucous, nasal congestion, post nasal drip, persistent cough?

Dr. Neri Holzer
Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
If recommended by MD: Clindamycin (clindahexal) is an antibiotic that can be use in treating sinus infections. Your symptoms and the absence of pain suggest that this may be an allergy rather than an infection and antibiotics may not be be necessary. Allergy treatment and neti pot may work. Clindamycin can have some very serious bowel side effects and should not be taken lightly.