OH

my girlfriend stole a quick kiss (it was just a peck) when i had a cold sore on the corner of my mouth, in the scab stage. will she get it from me?

Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
Possibly: Cold sores are more infectious when they are moist or are oozing. Generally speaking a scabbed over cold sore has a smaller chance of being transmitted to your partner. It is still possible to give your cold sore to your partner so be cautious while you have one.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
Relax: She probably already has it. Most people do. Only a few have symptoms. Since the virus is shed from normal skin in the absence of a sore, most transmission occurs from a person without any symptoms at the time. Often the person shedding virus is not aware that they carry it. In case she gets acute primary (first) herpes infection, she should receive Acyclovir or valcayclovir at once: same day.